Safer internet for children and young people
ChildSafeNet is a non-governmental organization, established with a mission to make the digital technology safer for children and young people. We work to raise awareness on safer use of the Internet and digital devices to protect them from Internet addiction, online sexual abuse and exploitation, cyber-bullying, phishing, gaming addiction and to promote digital literacy. Our team is composed of child protection specialists with extensive national and international experience and expertise on cyber safety.
ChildSafeNet is a nonprofit organization with a mission to make the digital technology safer for children and young people.
Together, we can and will make the Internet safer for children and young people.
Partnership, synergy and sharing of technical and financial resources for protection of children and young people, making their use of technology safer.
We work with children, youth, families, government, police, media, private sector duty-bearers and other partners.
Our Strategy: Advocacy, Awareness, Capacity Building and Partnership
- Advocate with the duty-bearers on making children's use of technology safer
- Raise social awareness of parents, teachers, children's care-givers, children, youth, social workers, police, lawyers, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and media
- Train groups of child and youth digital leaders to raise awareness on cyber safety and provide support to children and young people
- Partner with schools, child/youth clubs, parents' associations, teachers, ISPs, media, I/NGOs, UN agencies and other likeminded individuals and organizations
- To raise awareness on safer use of the Internet and digital devices among children, young people, parents, teachers and public
- To protect children and young people from internet, mobile phone and gaming addiction
- To protect children and young people from online sexual abuse and exploitation
- To promote digital literacy and ethical use of the technology among children and young people
- To provide legal, psychological and social support to children and young people affected by the inappropriate use of digital technology
- To develop and produce multimedia contents for dissemination on digital & other mainstream media channels for children, young people and public
- To strengthen legal protection for a safer use of the digital technology for children and young people
- To advocate for a stronger cyber policy and adequate resources to make the digital technology safer for children and young people
- To advocate for inclusion of cyber safety in school curricula